2016 FINANCIAL SUMMARY - YOUR SUPPORT IS NEEDED!
CTAS’s Treasurer recently completed her annual analysis of our Income and Expenditures for 2016, and then compared those numbers to 2015. It is a good thing we had a successful Fur Ball fundraiser this April because our balance after income minus expenditures for 2016 was only $1,207.99 versus $16,253.27 in 2015! Direct donations went up a bit from $38,000 to $41,000…THANKS to you, our wonderful regular donors!
We spent more on both cat food (from about $1,500 in 2015 to $3,000 in 2016) and veterinary medicines (from $10,000 in 2015 to $12,300 in 2016). Electricity and auto insurance increased as well as other ongoing costs; although natural gas for heating decreased. We made only half as much from Charity Poker for reasons beyond our control. And we didn’t have any monetary, food, or supply donations from an Open House in 2016 because we had to cancel it due to the ill health of the board members who plan and execute this event. Moreover, now that Spring is here and we have had a chance to analyze the condition of the Sanctuary itself, we have decided that we MUST put a proper roof on the porch, put a new vinyl floor in one of the rooms inside, do some re-screening, painting, etc. If you can make a special donation toward the repairs we have to make this year, that would be very much appreciated!
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- If you have given us a cat or cats and are not making contributions toward their care PLEASE remember we were there for you when you needed us so please do your part.
- Please consider helping by being a Charity Poker Volunteer. You do not play poker yourself, and it is not difficult. Simple tasks are shared by three volunteers and we need these funds.
- Hold a Garage Sale, a Parlour Party, or a Jeans Day Fundraiser at your place of employment, and donate the funds you raise to CTAS.
- Buy a new 2018 CTAS Desk Calendars for $12 plus postage. AFTER JUNE 1st, email or phone CTAS Board Member Elaine Savage at firstname.lastname@example.org; 586-212-0024, to place your order. We have other cat-related items for sale on this website too (first under "More", then "Shop & Save While We Earn Money Too", and finally "Cat Related Items for Sale". (NOTE: If you are seeing this website on a smart phone or pad, you will not see "More" on the home page but rather three horizontal lines in the upper left of your screen; that will take you to the main Menu.)
- Please Attend our Fundraisers, including the 2nd Annual Wine Tasting coming up in October which is back by popular demand. Come to our Fur Ball next year. Let us know if YOU have any fundraising ideas!
- Make monetary and/or cat food donations to us so we can ensure the lifetime care of the cats at the Sanctuary, and can continue helping all the other cats we divert into rehab and adoption.
- And DON'T FORGET to shop at the Pet Stores who go out of their way to help us by donating lots of cat food, getting us discounts on cat food, or hosting one of our Cat Food Donation Barrels. Those generous stores are as follows: Premier Pet Supply stores in Beverly Hills, Livonia, Novi, and Rochester Hills; PetSmart stores at Orchard Lake Rd. & 14 Mi in West Bloomfield, at Telegraph & 12 MI in Southfield, and at Adams Rd. & M59 in Rochester Hills; at the Pet Supplies Plus store in Washington Township near Romeo; the two Pet Supplies Plus stores on Cooley Lake Rd. and on M-59 in White Lake, and on Telegraph north of Square Lake Rd. in Bloomfield Hills.
- Our Cat Food Donation Barrels are located at Premier Pet Supply in Novi; and
at the Pet Supplies Plus stores in Bloomfield Hills, Washington Twp., and
White Lake on M59.
To support the Sanctuary by donating, please send tax-deductible donations to:
Cat Tail Acres Sanctuary
P.O. Box 183164
Shelby Township, MI 48318
OR click on the PayPal donate button below. All donations go directly to Cat Tail Acres and 100% of your donation will be used for cat care and food, veterinary care, and facility upkeep. Don't forget that if you do choose to use PayPal they will take out a small processing fee. We have investigated other ways for donations to be easily made and every other option (through credit cards, banks, and other programs) are much more costly than PayPal. You can arrange for the PayPal fee to not be charged to us by having them charge the fee to you. Remember - we are a legally IRS-sanctioned charity so your donations are tax deductible!! Thank you VERY MUCH!